Going up and down steps camera change is broken in Firestorm with RLV

galespring

Question

I am trying to use a VR client, and that is one of the bible rules when playing VR, never take camera control away from the user.  It is very sickening to have it ripped away and move on its own like that.  I was able to make it up two sets of stairs before I had to switch back into non-vr mode again

5 answers to this question

No, there is no option for this.

My position on this is that the social experience at Kokoro is based around text chat and roleplay. SecondLife is not designed for VR and neither is our school. There is already enough work to do at Kokoro and this simply is not a priority for me. If you're looking for a VR experience, try VR Chat.

• Like 1

As the Captain said, there is no function in the experience to disable it.

However, Duckie thinks that the camera control when ascending and descending the stairs is a really cool effect, and gives the feeling of true size scale of the user~

It really feels as if you're traversing through a large campus starting your day at Kokoro! What excitement possibly awaits you today?!

Lyra should give it a shot without the VR to get the experience first hand, it's super fun- Duckie promises! 👍

Am trying it with the regular client, is just it angles up so high I only see the sky, I cant even see my avatar any more, and when I go down steps it looks straight down, I have a feeling it is doing something it is not supposed to

Am just having to aim and walk and wait for it to go away right now

Edited by galespring

Had made another post about it using a VR client, so changed back to default client, is still unusable, these are my views when going up and down the steps, I just have to walk and wait for it to go away since there is no way to turn it off.  Tried to see if it was camera angles, but reset those to default using debug menu and resetting things to default, relogged, and still no change.

Going up stairs:
Firestorm-Releasex64_AemHLuoanI.thumb.jpg.41a4bb83651e895fd3e8a54523939086.jpg

Going down stairs:

Firestorm-Releasex64_FUHyMgpVf5.thumb.jpg.6635d89ded8a80c0ad7787973bc2f417.jpg

Firestorm with RLV under default settings works fine. That is what the majority of our visitors use including myself. I can only suggest that you try resetting your settings if it bothers you that much. I am not leaving this topic up to further discussion as I have no plans to make changes to this. Thanks.

• Confused 1